Thank you for applying to DSLCC! We are excited to have you join us.
Dabney S. Lancaster Community College has open admissions for most programs. You can be admitted if you:
1) Have a high school diploma/its equivalent, OR
2) Are at least 18 years of age and able to benefit from one of our programs
Admissions and Onboard Process for New Students
1) Complete DSLCC Application for Admission
*Remember to print or take a picture of the last page of your application. It lists your EMPL (student) ID number and your myDabney username and temporary password
2) Review your Acceptance Letter from DSLCC's Office of Admissions
*Acceptance letters are sent via USPS on a weekly basis to the mailing address you provide in your application. Make sure this information is correct.
3) Login to your myDabney account and EAB Navigate
*Access email in myDabney account
*Set communication preferences and complete the major explorer in EAB Navigate
4) Complete the FAFSA
*Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid to help pay for classes
5) Submit Transcripts/Prior Learning Information
*Send to DSLCC Student Services
*Official transcripts from high school, any colleges attended, as well as any AP, IB, or CLEP scores
6) Take Virginia Placement Test (if needed)
7) Complete Financial Aid "To-Do" List in myDabney
* From myDabney, click on SIS and then,
* Click on Student Center
* View your outstanding To-Do list items
8) Meet with an Academic Advisor
* Some DSLCC programs (e.g., Nursing, Practical Nursing) are selective admissions and require a separate application and additional requirements
10) Pay Your Tuition
* Make sure you do not owe a tuition balance after all financial aid and/or scholarships have been applied
11) Get Your Student ID Card Made at the DSLCC Library
12) Register for New Student Orientation with Student Services
* Call (540) 863-2820 to register
13) Get Your Textbooks at the DSLCC Bookstore
14) Attend Class!!!
Last updated by Dabney S. Lancaster Community College on 8/20/2019 12:34PM PST
To complete this online application, type your answers in the corresponding fields or select your answers from the popup lists (where applicable).
After you complete a screen, click the NEXT button at the bottom or on one of the sections listed on the left column to move to a different screen. Before you are allowed to jump screens, we will inspect your data on the current screen for errors or inconsistencies. If errors or omissions are found, you will be returned to the screen to correct your answer(s). Otherwise, your data will be saved and you will proceed to the requested screen. We also allow you to skip to another screen without your new data being saved. Be aware that if you use the Skip & Jump function on the left column, data on the current screen will not be saved and will have to be reentered prior to submittal.
Once you have completed the application, click the SUBMIT button located on the left column to submit the application.
Click here for the VCCS online application tutorial: PDF: How to Complete the VCCS Online Application
This application is brought to you by the XAP Corporation.