Identity Verification: In order to provide a safe and secure learning environment, admission to our colleges requires that all new credit applicants verify their identity. Applicants will need access to a computer or mobile device that has a camera in order to provide a real-time photo of themselves (Liveness Check) and upload a photo ID (Driver's License, Passport, ID Card, etc.).
You are eligible for admission to CVCC if you are:
- A high school graduate or GED recipient
- A non-high school graduate 18 years of age or older and able to benefit from a program at CVCC
- A transfer student from an accredited college or university
- A current high school junior or senior who is 16 or older and who has parental permission and a permission letter from the high school
NOTE: We are now accepting applications for Spring 2024, Summer 2024, and Fall 2024.
Prospective Student Checklist
1. Apply for Admission
- Complete this Application for Admission
- Look for your admission letter sent via email
- Send your official high school and college transcripts to Admissions and Records*
2. myCVCC Account Activation and Security
- Within 24 hours, activate your myCVCC account using your temporary password (after 24 hours, your password will have to be reset)
- Set up MFA (Multi-factor Authentication) to secure your account (for help contact IT HelpDesk at 434-832-7649)
3. Complete the VCCS Enrollment Survey
- Once your account is active, immediately complete the VCCS Enrollment Survey as soon as you have accessed your myCVCC account. This will expedite your ability to enroll in classes. Please Note - current high school students who are applying to take CVCC classes before graduating from high school (Dual Enrollment, Early College, or STEM) should NOT complete this survey.
4. Apply for Financial Aid
- Complete your (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov using CVCC School Code of 004988 to have your FAFSA information sent to CVCC
5. Contact Counseling at 434-832-7800
- Learn more about advising at CVCC
- Make an appointment with your College Navigator through Navigate
- Learn how to use your Student Information System (SIS)
- Learn how to enroll online, find tuition dates, and how to pay for classes
- Log into myCVCC to activate your student email
- Download the Navigate app
6. Complete your online orientation
- Log in to myCVCC and clicking on "Canvas," then "New Student Orientation"
7. Visit our Virtual Advising page for more information
*Note: Please send all official transcripts from other schools to the addresses below.
Mail: Admissions & Records, CVCC, 3506 Wards Road, Lynchburg, VA 24502
Important Information for Registered Sex Offenders: Sex Offender Registry
Last updated by Central Virginia Community College on 2/26/2024 6:41AM PST